After a five-hour run of testing smoothies, Mary exclaimed, "We've struck brilliance!" This has become our favorite lunch smoothie. It is designed for those with hypoglycemia and diabetes, as it is extremely low in sugar and high in protein. Cottage cheese hides nicely in smoothies because it blends instantly into a creamy delight. Enjoy this tart and tangy cucumber blend with hints of mint, hues of green/spring onion, and crisp green apple. You may feel inclined to put this one in a bowl.
Servings: Serves 2 (makes about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup roughly chopped seeded organic or English/hothouse cucumber (seeded and peeled if necessary)
- 1/2 cup frozen green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped green/spring onions , tender green parts only
- 10 medium fresh mint leaves , plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice , plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt , plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Combine the yogurt, cucumber, grapes, green/spring onions, 10 mint leaves, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender. Add water, up to 1/2 cup, if necessary. Blend until smooth. Add the apple and cottage cheese and pulse a few times, just until incorporated. Taste and adjust the seasoning with mint, lemon juice, and salt.Try two other recipes from Super-Charged Smoothies
Printed from Oprah.com on May 22, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.