Servings: Makes 4 (large batch: 12)
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (large batch: 8 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (large batch: 4 1/2 tsp.)
- 3/4 tsp. fine salt (large batch: 2 1/4 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup and 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil , divided (large batch: 1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup dried cherries (large batch: 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped rosemary (large batch: 4 1/2 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (large batch: 3/4 tsp.)
- 6 oz. fresh goat cheese , crumbled (large batch: 18 oz.)
- 1 small red onion , very thinly sliced (large batch: 3 small red onions)
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 425°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add 3/4 cup water
and 6 tablespoons oil and stir until combined. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead gently 5 or 6 times, just enough to bring the dough together. Divide into 4 pieces and roll each out into a 9" x 5" oval; transfer to prepared baking sheets.
In a large bowl, toss together cherries, rosemary, pepper, goat cheese, onions, and 2 tablespoons oil and scatter over flatbreads; gently press the toppings into the dough. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and bake, rotating trays halfway through, until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then wrap in parchment paper or loose plastic bags. Store, refrigerated, for up to a week.