Servings: Serves 12–16
- 1 (10- to 15-pound) bone-in cured whole ham (fully cooked)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses or honey
- 1/2 orange , juiced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Let the ham come to room temperature for about 2 hours before cooking. Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the ham in a shallow roasting pan lined with aluminum foil. Score just the rind of the ham (not the meat) with the tip of a paring knife forming 1 1/2-inch diamonds.
Place in the oven and cook until an internal temperature of 140° is reached, about 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Meanwhile, combine the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl until blended, set aside.
Remove the ham from the oven and brush the glaze generously over the ham. Return the ham to the oven for about 90 minutes more, basting every 30 minutes or so until the glaze is brown and crusty.
Remove from the oven and let rest at least 30 minutes before slicing. The ham may then be served warm or at room temperature.