- 2 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 2-inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
DirectionsTotal time: 20 minutes
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in ginger, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and hoisin sauce. Cook mixture until warmed through, about 4 minutes, then taste and season, if needed, with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
To serve, layer two lettuce leaves per wrap. Scoop a heaping spoonful of beef mixture into each lettuce cup, sprinkle with peanuts, and serve immediately.
More Recipes from Sunny Anderson