Servings: Serves 4–6
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) dandelion greens
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms , sliced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. tamari or dark soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Notes: You may substitute wild spinach for the dandelion greens; if you do, there is no need to trim and blanch the spinach, and you can begin by heating the olive oil in a large skillet.
Wash dandelion greens and cut off tough stems.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Immerse greens for 1 minute; remove to a colander and run under cold water. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes.
Add garlic and mushrooms; cook 4 minutes more.
Stir in reserved greens, ginger, and tamari. Cook 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
Add lemon juice; serve.