Shrimp with a fabulous twist!
Servings: Makes 20 servings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic , finely minced
- 1/4 cup basil chiffonade (cut into thin strips)
- 2 pounds large shrimp , shelled and deveined
- 12 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
- 1-to-2-inch piece ginger , peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 shallots , peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot , peeled and sliced
Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, canola oil, chili sauce, 1 ½ tablespoons ginger, garlic and basil; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine broth, coriander, ginger, shallots, and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Return stock to a boil and add shrimp. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly until shrimp are cooked (should not be translucent when pierced with a knife).
Drain shrimp in a colander. Transfer to a large bowl filled with ice and water, and cool 1 minute. Drain and refrigerate until ready to use. Serve with ponzu sauce on the side.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.