With ease and simplicity in mind, cookbook author Rori Trovato brings exquisite flavor in a perfect single portion to your summertime table.
Servings: Serves 1
- 1 medium tomato , seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cucumber , peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 red bell pepper , seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 scallion , cut into 1/4-inch pieces (reserve 1 tsp. for garnish)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice (1-inch-thick) Italian-style bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
To make gazpacho: In a food processor or blender, combine tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, scallion, garlic, and parsley; puree until chunky. Stir in vinegar and tomato juice; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Before serving, adjust seasoning to taste and garnish with reserved scallion.
To prepare bread: Using a pastry brush, spread olive oil on bread. Grill on outer edge of outdoor grill (or on a stovetop grill pan) until just toasted, about 1 minute; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 7, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.