Garlic-wilted spinach gets a zesty boost (of flavor and vitamins) from orange peel and juice.
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or rice oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 bag (10 ounces) fresh spinach leaves , stems removed, washed and spun dry
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to brown, about 30 seconds. Add orange juice and cook until reduced, about 30 seconds. Add spinach and orange zest; sauté until spinach just wilts. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 8, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.