Servings: Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 1 small Yukon Gold potato , peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
To make aioli: In a stockpot, place potato and enough cold water to cover; bring to boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
In a food processor, blend potato, garlic, mustard, egg yolk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. With machine running, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream until thick and blended. Add lemon juice; transfer to serving bowl.