Fresh Yellow Tomato Bloody Mary Recipe
Recipe from The Martha Stewart Show
October 05, 2010
Servings: Serves 4 (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound ripe yellow tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) best quality organic vodka
- 5 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 20 dashes hot green pepper sauce , such as Tabasco
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated, peeled fresh horseradish
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Celery hearts , for garnish
- Yellow and red cherry tomatoes , for garnish
Puree yellow tomatoes in a blender. Press through a fine sieve into a small bowl; discard solids.
Stir together tomato puree, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, green pepper sauce, horseradish to taste, salt and pepper in a pitcher. If not using immediately, mixture can be refrigerated, covered, overnight. To serve, divide among 4 large glasses filled with ice.
Garnish each glass with celery and cherry tomatoes on toothpicks.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 16, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.