Servings: Serves 4
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet , cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup crumbled Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°. Combine the salmon, cracker crumbs, cream, onion, dill, mustard, egg, garlic, Tabasco sauce and salt in a medium bowl. Gently form into 4 patties, using 1/2 cup of the salmon mixture for each. Spread the flour on a plate and lightly coat each patty, shaking off excess.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, until hot but not smoking. Add the salmon patties and cook, turning once, 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Transfer the patties to a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve on a bun with lettuce or tomato slices, if desired.