Makes enough to frost one cake
- 6 oz brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating on low speed until blended. Scrape down bowl with a spatula. Add lemon zest and lemon juice; beat on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until fluffy. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes or until firm enough to spread.
From Piece of Cake! by Camilla V. Saulsbury © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.