- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp. white gram lentils (available in Indian markets)
- 4 whole dried red chilies
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans , cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the mustard seeds. When the seeds start to pop and crackle, add the lentils and chilies. Once the lentils are toasted light brown, add the cut beans and stir. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the coconut and salt to taste. Cook another few minutes while stirring. When the beans are cooked through but still firm and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes, remove from heat. Serve hot.