When sweet corn is in season this is a wonderfully simple salad that goes great with grilled meats and fish. I love to grill the ears on the fire to add a little char flavor to the salad.
Servings: Serves 8
- 8 ears corn , shucked
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil , plus some for brushing the corn
- 6 fresh tomatoes , chopped
- 2 cucumbers , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions , minced
- 1 bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
Prepare the grill to medium high.
Brush the ears of corn with extra virgin olive oil.
Grill the corn until it is light brown, turning often for even cooking. When cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the ears.
Toss the corn with the tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper, vinegar and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Toss and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Bring to room temperature and serve with hamburgers or grilled fish.
Back to the Family © 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 10, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.