Servings: Serves 4–6
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 ears corn , kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion , thinly sliced
- 1 pound Swiss chard , tough stems removed, cut into large pieces
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic , sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
In a medium saucepan, bring four cups salted water to a boil. Slowly add cornmeal and whisk continuously for one minute. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Add corn and cook seven more minutes. Remove from heat, add butter and cream cheese, mix well. Season with salt, and cover to keep warm.
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil; sauté onion three minutes. Add Swiss chard, spinach and garlic; cook until greens are just wilted, about four minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve polenta in bowls and top with greens.