Servings: Makes 7 1-cup servings
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 stalk celery , chopped
- 1 carrot , chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced
- 2 cups packed shiitake mushrooms , sliced
- 2 cups packed oyster mushrooms , sliced
- 3 cups packed portabella mushrooms (remove gills before slicing)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme , chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano , chopped
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Enoki mushroom ends trimmed to 1 inch
- Chives , to garnish
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots, and cook, stirring. Add mushroom and sauté 10 minutes, stirring. Add the stock and simmer 20 minutes.
Carefully ladle soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Return a pan and heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with enoki mushrooms and chives.