Flatbread with Grilled Chicken, Kalamata Olives and Fresh Mozzarella
Courtesy of Miraval Life in Balance Resort®
January 01, 2006
Try this delicious recipe!
- 1 portion flatbread dough
- 2 ounces tomato basil sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon Kalamata olives , thinly sliced
- 2 ounces grilled chicken breast , cut in julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese , thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 8 Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons basil , chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon raw cane sugar
Roll flatbread dough out into a thin round, about 1/8 inch. Spread with sauce. Arrange mozzarella, olives and chicken on top of flatbread.
Bake at 400° for 10–12 minutes or until cheese has melted and dough is crispy.
Tomato Basil Sauce (Makes 4 cups)
Heat a medium saucepot over medium-high heat with oil, and sauté onion with garlic until the onion is golden, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Carefully ladle tomato mixture in a blender or use a hand blender and process until smooth. Season sauce with basil, salt, pepper and sugar.
Use or cool down and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or freeze for about 1 month.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 25, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.