- 8 1/2-inch thick boneless pork loin chops (3 ounces each)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin slices of serrano ham
- All-purpose flour , for dusting
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- Pure olive oil , for frying
- Mayonnaise , for serving
In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Put the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip the pork rolls in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, pressing them on lightly. Transfer to a plate.
In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil until shimmering. Add the pork rolls and fry over moderate heat, turning, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155°, about 5 minutes. Transfer the rolls to paper towels. Serve hot, with mayonnaise.
The breaded pork rolls can be refrigerated overnight. Let return to room temperature before frying.