Fire Roasted Salmon with Stir-Fried Brown Rice and Pineapple Glaze
Courtesy of Miraval Life in Balance Resort®
January 01, 2006
Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Makes 1 serving
- 4 ounces Grilled Salmon Fillet
- 1/2 ounce Pineapple Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper small dice
- 1 teaspoon celery
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 each baby bok choy , cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon green onions
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon grilled pineapple relish (recipe follows)
- 1/2 teaspoon shallot , chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 fresh pineapple , core out, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grilled pineapple pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped scallions
- Rice wine vinegar to mix
Prepare one recipe of pineapple sauce.
Heat your grill. Season a 4-ounce piece of salmon with salt and pepper and place on grill, meat side down and mark on one side, then turn fish over and mark on the other side.
Place fish in an ovenproof dish, and place in a 350° oven and cook until just medium well. Set aside and keep warm.
To make the rice, heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add a 1/4 teaspoon of oil. Add red peppers, green onions and cilantro and sauté until half way cooked. Add the 1/2 cup of rice to the pan and stir. Add vegetable stock and salt and pepper; let the mixture cook until all the vegetable stock is reduced into the rice. Keep warm and set aside.
Cook the baby bok choy in boiling water briefly, for two to three minutes until just done. The bok choy should still be bright green.
Place rice mixture in the bottom of a shallow bowl. Place salmon on top of the rice. Arrange the baby bok choy around the salmon and then drizzle sauce around the plate. Garnish dish with remaining scallions.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Grilled Pineapple Relish
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss together. Let refrigerate before use.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 18, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.