Fleshy fingerling potatoes need next to no embellishment. They're delicious when tossed with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
Servings: Serves 8
- 3 pounds unpeeled fingerling potatoes , scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and add 1 tablespoon salt; bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a knife.
Drain potatoes in a colander. Drape a kitchen towel over colander and allow potatoes to steam 5 to 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Place in a bowl and toss with 11/2 teaspoons salt, pepper, thyme and olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 8, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.