The dressing can be made up to two days in advance, refrigerated in an airtight container and whisked before using.
Servings: Serves 10
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 5 cups mixed baby greens or baby arugula
- 1 head romaine lettuce , coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
To make dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended.
Preheat oven to 350°. On a baking sheet, spread walnuts into one even layer. Bake about 8 minutes, or until fragrant, checking often to prevent burning. Remove and let cool.
To make salad: In a large bowl, toss together baby greens, romaine, tomatoes, walnuts and dressing. Add goat cheese and 1/2 cup bacon; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cranberries, red onion and remaining bacon before serving.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 16, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.