This delightful salad is meant to be shared, tapas-style, at a dinner with friends.
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 1/4 cups cooked white beans , such as cannellini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 fennel bulb , thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 pound pecorino Romano cheese , shaved or grated
- 1/2 cup raw almonds , toasted
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
In a large bowl, combine beans, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature 2 hours.
Add fennel, pecorino Romano, almonds, and parsley to beans; toss gently to combine. Transfer to a platter or serving bowl.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.