- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz/280 g) farro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar (6 oz) water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 cup (4 oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. small capers, rinsed
Rinse and drain the farro, then transfer to a large saucepan and add 3 cups cold water. Stir in 1 tsp. salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially, and simmer until the farro is tender but still chewy, about 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts, then pat them dry and coarsely chop them.
In a food processor, combine half of the artichoke hearts, the cheese, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the lemon zest and juice and process until a paste forms. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
In a serving bowl, combine the dressing and the farro and turn to coat. Add the parsley, olives, and the reserved artichoke hearts and turn again. Sprinkle with the capers and serve.
From Williams-Sonoma Salad of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year (Weldon Owen) by Georgeanne Brennan.
More Salad Recipes