Farfalle and Herb Salad with Peas
Recipe created by Cat Cora
March 11, 2009
Try chef Cat Cora's
recipe for Farfalle and Herb Salad with Peas, a lunch dish from her complete seven-day menu
Servings: Serves 6
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta , farfalle or orzo preferred
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled peas , thawed
- 1/2 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes , such as Roma or beefsteak
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the salt to the boiling water, then add the farfalle. Cook for 7 minutes, or until pasta is done but still firm. Drain the pasta in a colander, rinse with cold water, then drain again.
In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, peas, herbs, garlic, lemon juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Toss and mix well. Add the cherry tomatoes, drizzle with the olive oil and toss gently.
Serve or cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve. The salad can be prepared a day ahead, covered and refrigerated.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 11, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.