Endive salad with blue cheese and mustard vinaigrette is crunchy and creamy, sweet and savory—setting the stage for the varied flavors to come.
Servings: Serves 8
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 5 to 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 heads Belgian endive , washed
- 6 ounces (1 1/4 cups) crumbled Stilton , or other crumbly blue cheese
To make vinaigrette: Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut endive into quarters lengthwise and remove core with a sharp knife. Arrange leaves on a serving platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 20, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.