Now that health studies say that eggs are good for you, go all out and spike your egg salad with spicy mustard and tarragon!
Servings: Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tarragon or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small shallot , finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Bring a medium saucepan three-quarters filled with water to a boil. Add eggs and cook 9 minutes (center of yolk will be slightly creamy). Carefully pour off hot water and rinse eggs with cold running water to cool. Peel eggs and roughly chop.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Gently fold in eggs.
168 calories, 15.5 grams fat, 3.0 grams saturated fat, 220 mg of cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 1.7 grams carbohydrate, 0.1 grams fiber, 6.7 grams protein
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.