- 1 1/2 pints strawberries , hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener
- 2 tablespoons rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fat-free ice cream (optional)
- 6 slices angel food cake (optional)
How Art reduced the fat: Art substituted artificial sweetener for the dark brown sugar called for in the original recipe, as well as rum flavoring for the bourbon (which has lots of sugar.) Those changes, as well as using fat-free ice cream and angel food cake, reduced the fat from 67 grams down to 2.1!