Use whatever crackers or chips you have on hand to create the crust for a hearty (and easy-to-make!) ham and cheese quiche.
Get more deliciously inspired meals whipped up from pantry staples
- 1 1/3 cups cracker or tortilla chip crumbs (about 1 sleeve of crackers)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon or honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1/4 pound), divided
- 1 cup chopped ham (about 5 ounces)
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Note: Ritz crackers, saltines, or chip crumbs all work beautifully to make a buttery crust.
Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and butter. Press mixture into a standard (9") pie pan to form the crust's bottom and sides; bake 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cottage cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, and eggs. Scatter 1/2 cup cheese over bottom of crust, then pour in egg mixture. Toss remaining 1/2 cup cheese with ham and scallions, then scatter over eggs, pressing down gently. Place a tray on the bottom rack of the oven to catch drips, then bake quiche on middle rack until eggs are set and top is golden, about 50 minutes.