Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ripe bananas , peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 12 gingersnaps , crumbled
- 4 heaping spoonfuls whipped cream
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced tropical fruit (such as kiwi, star fruit, or pineapple)
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high flame. Add bananas and cook, stirring, 3 minutes, until they begin to soften. Sprinkle bananas with brown sugar and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; add rum. Return skillet to heat. Standing back, ignite rum with a long wooden match. When flame burns out, add lime juice.
Divide bananas and sauce among four large martini glasses or dessert bowls. Top each serving with ice cream, crumbled cookies, whipped cream, coconut, and tropical fruit.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 9, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.