- 2 Tbsp. mild yellow curry powder
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound pearl onions, peeled
- Vegetable or olive oil, for brushing
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
In a medium bowl, combine curry powder, garlic powder, lime zest, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Add pork and onions, then toss to coat. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 30 minutes. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high and brush grates with oil. Thread pork and onions onto skewers, alternating them. Place on grill and cook for 5 minutes, then turn kebabs. Continue grilling until onions are tender and pork is cooked through, an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
Transfer kebabs to plate and sprinkle with lime juice, sugar and scallion. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm.
More Recipes from Sunny Anderson