- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch (1-pound) Swiss chard , tough stalks removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (about 14 ounces) dried red lentils
- 1 can (15-ounce) chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons thick Greek yogurt , thinned with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 red or green jalapeño chili , stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lime , cut into 6 wedges
Stir in lentils and chickpeas. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 16 to 18 minutes, stirring twice, until lentils are tender.
Remove from heat. Puree half the soup (about 4 cups) in a blender or food processor; return puree to pot. Stir in remaining 1 cup broth and salt, and warm over low heat 2 minutes.
Divide soup among 6 bowls. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon thinned yogurt over each serving. Garnish with a few slices of jalapeño and a lime wedge.