Style guru Lee Bailey cooks dinner with a big wallop of flavor. This make-ahead salad is bursting with the bright, fresh essence of spring.
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg , hard-boiled and peeled
- 3 cups loosely packed red leaf lettuce , washed and spun dry
- 3 cups loosely packed green leaf lettuce , washed and spun dry
- 1 ripe Hass avocado , pitted, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 3 slices bacon , cut into 1/2-inch pieces, cooked until crisp, and drained
- 1 green onion , very thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Chop or coarsely grate the egg and add it to the dressing. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
Combine the lettuces in a large serving bowl. Add the avocado, bacon and green onion. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine well. Serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 7, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.