- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 6 cream or plain crackers , such as Jacob's
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg , preferably free-range or organic
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets , preferably free-range or organic
- Olive oil
To cook your chicken: You can either bake or fry the chicken. If baking, preheat your oven to its highest temperature (475°), place your chicken on a sheet pan and cook for 15 minutes. If frying, put a frying pan on a medium heat, add a few good lugs of olive oil and cook the chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through, golden and crisp.
To serve your chicken: Either serve the chicken breasts whole, or cut them into strips and pile them on a plate. Beautiful and simple served with a lemon wedge for squeezing over, and a tiny sprinkling of salt. Great with a lovely fresh salad or simply dressed veggies.
This recipe is taken from Jamie's Food Revolution by Jamie Oliver (Hyperion). ?? Jamie Oliver, 2009