Servings: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 pound button or wild mushrooms (such as porcini, cremini, shiitake) with stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 24 small (1/2-inch-thick) slices country-style bread (preferably ciabatta), toasted
- 1 pound fresh salted buffalo mozzarella , cut into 24 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in wine; increase heat to high and cook, stirring, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Mix in salt and pepper.
Arrange bread on a large baking sheet. Top each piece with a slice of mozzarella. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Top crostini with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.