Servings: Serves 6
- 3 cans (14.4 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) fresh ricotta
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 12 lasagna noodles (about three-quarters of a 1-pound box)
- 5 ounces (about 6 cups) baby spinach
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, red pepper and black pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, spread a thin layer of the sauce. Top with 3 of the noodles (breaking to fit as necessary). Spread about 1 cup of the sauce over the noodles and layer with 2 cups of the spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture. Repeat twice more with the noodles, sauce, spinach and cheese mixture. Top with the remaining 3 noodles, sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.
Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender—especially in the center of the lasagna—about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
More Ideas for Your Crock-Pot