Servings: Serves 10
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 large yellow onions , sliced thin
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 8 carrots , chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) boxes corn bread stuffing
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup scallions , chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Lots of pepper
Preheat oven to 325°.
Pour the cornbread stuffing into a large bowl.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, cover with a lid and lower the heat to caramelize—about 10 minutes. Add the celery, butter, and carrots. Sauté. Pour in the white wine, then add the sautéed vegetables to the stuffing.
Add the cream of celery soup, chicken stock, orange juice, lemon juice, scallions and pepper to the stuffing. Mix well.
Place the stuffing in a baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.