This year, I'm not going to make a resolution to lose weight. Instead, I'm going to make a resolution to "think about it." Here's what I mean by "think about it":
- I'm going to think about ways I can stay healthy.
- I'm going to think before I take a bite about how whatever I'm about to eat will affect my body.
- I'm going to think about—when reaching for that second piece of cake—how eating too much sugar makes me mean, and do I want to go there?
- I'm going to think about all the people who love me and depend on me, and begin to take better care of myself so I can continue to be there for them.
- I'm going to think about how to incorporate daily exercise into my life, because deep down in my heart I know for sure it's the right thing to do for my health.
- I'm going to think about ways I can become a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend.
- I'm going to think about how reacting negatively or harshly when my kids or husband do things that send me over the edge is a poor reflection on me.
- I'm going to think about ways I can be nicer when I'm driving and not honk my horn at someone who cuts me off (and not yell out the window using a word I usually would end up grounding the kids for).
- I'm going to think about being patient when I have to wait in a line or if some one cuts in front of me (I really need to work on that one).
- I'm going to think about ways to react in a healthier, more positive way when something does not go my way.
- I'm going to think about ways of becoming more patient, kind and thoughtful toward myself.
- I'm going to think about how to get out of my comfort zone and do something to help others in a way that will truly make a difference.
- I'm going to think about how I can forgive people who have hurt me so I won't hurt anymore.
- I'm going to think about how to find the courage to ask for forgiveness from the people I have hurt—and then do it.
- I'm going to think about all the blessings in my life and continue to give thanks every day.
- I'm going to think about all of these things, then do these things!
Let me know what you're going to think about. I would love to hear from you!
Now let's enjoy a healthy New Year's Eve dinner. Try my recipe for Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Orange-Ginger Glaze
Sending "Big Bowls of Love" and something to think about,
More from Cristina