- 1 piece (1/2 inch) fresh ginger , minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 medium cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Wondra or all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter , cut into pieces
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes, flipping once about halfway through cooking. Add ginger mixture; cook 30 seconds. Slowly pour in beer; gently shake pan. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat; add butter, swirling pan until butter has melted and thickened the sauce. Serve immediately.
Note:The fresh ginger should be peeled unless otherwise noted. To grate fresh ginger, use a microplane grater or a triangular ginger grater, which will catch unwanted ginger fibers in its teeth, leaving behind a juicy, concentrated pulp.