Crispy Shrimp and Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 large peeled, de-veined shrimp
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded bok choy
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 cup julienned fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- Sriracha (chili sauce), optional
Heat a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with the sesame oil and add the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Add the cabbage, bok choy, carrots, mushrooms, green onion, ginger and garlic to the pan. Stir continuously for 2 minutes to cook lightly. Season the vegetables with tamari sauce and cilantro and stir well to incorporate. Remove from the heat and place in a bowl to cool.
Soak rice papers in bowl of cold water, just until softened, about 30 seconds. Lay rice paper on a cutting board and pat dry. Cut each shrimp in half lengthwise. On the center of each piece of rice paper, lay out 6 pieces of shrimp. Top shrimp with 1/4 cup of vegetable filling, then turn in the sides and roll up like an egg roll. Place spring rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until spring rolls are light brown and crispy. Cut each spring roll on the diagonal in half. Serve with Sriracha sauce on the side.