Servings: Serves 8
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 large Russet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 24 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 12 shallots , roots trimmed (unpeeled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves
Preheat oven to 425°. Pour oil into a large roasting pan; transfer to oven and heat 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine potatoes, garlic, shallots, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Carefully transfer vegetables to hot roasting pan; roast 30 minutes. Stir in rosemary; roast until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil vegetables, 4 inches from heat, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.