- 1 quart whole milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking polenta
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Pour milk back into pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add polenta and cook, whisking constantly, until thick, about 3 minutes (reduce heat slightly, if necessary).
Whisk in cream, butter, salt and pepper until mixture is smooth and butter is melted. Stir in cheese and immediately pour into a warm, deep serving platter.