This pasta can be as tart as you'd like, depending on how much lemon juice you use. Try substituting other herbs or vegetables such as peas or green beans for an easy weeknight meal.
Servings: Serves 4
- 12 ounces spaghettini
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or creme fraiche or whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon , cut from the lemon into long strips with a zester
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese , or other grating cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 20 to 25 kalamata olives or other brined black olives , pitted and slivered
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , torn into large pieces
- Lemon wedges
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or until al dente, then drain and return to pot. Toss with sour cream, then with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Working quickly, toss with olive oil, lemon juice, cheese, garlic and olives. Transfer to a serving dish and scatter basil on top. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges and extra cheese for those who desire it. Remove lemon strips before eating.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 8, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.