Servings: Serves 6
- 1 (6-pound) roasting chicken , giblets removed
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) red wine
- Zest and juice from 2 oranges
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup cranberries , fresh or defrosted
- 1/4 cup kaffir lime leaves , finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint , finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. whole pink peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 9 hours to overnight
At least 8 hours before serving, place all ingredients in a steel or glass bowl or a pot that is large enough to hold chicken and liquid. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400°.
Pour marinating mixture through a sieve. Discard liquid, and put solid remainder in chicken cavity.
Place chicken in a roasting pan and cook uncovered until an internal thermometer reads 160° and skin is golden and crisp, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Let chicken sit 10 minutes before carving.
Tip: Try pairing this entrée with sides inspired by its Asian roots: fluffy jasmine rice and sautéed bok choy.