Servings: Makes 8 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup prune puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup evaporated raw cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine butter, prune puree and applesauce. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the cane sugar, eggs and vanilla. Cream together until smooth. Stir in flour and baking soda. Add oats and cranberries and orange zest and mix until incorporated. Portion the cookies by the teaspoon and bake for 7–10 minutes until golden brown.
46 calories, 1.5 grams fat, 0.7 gram saturated fat, 7 mg of cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 7.7 grams carbohydrate, 0.5 grams fiber, 1 gram protein