Martini glasses make dramatic containers for spicy crabmeat and bell pepper "shooters."
Servings: Makes about 16 servings
- 2 cups Clamato (tomato-clam cocktail)
- 1/2 cup tomato or vegetable juice
- 1/2 red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 poblano or green bell pepper , finely chopped
- 1/2 firm-ripe Hass avocado , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic , crushed through a press
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce , or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- Chopped cucumber , for garnish
In a large pitcher or bowl, combine all ingredients except crab and cucumber. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, place chunks of crabmeat in small cocktail or juice glasses. Top with tomato mixture and garnish with cucumber, if desired.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 22, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.