- 1 baguette, cut crosswise in ½ slices
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked through for pieces of shell
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots (about 1 large shallot)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped preserved lemon rind, or 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. finely chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
DirectionsActive time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange baguette slices on a large baking sheet and brush one side with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, fold together crab, remaining olive oil, shallots, preserved lemon, lemon juice, chopped dill, pepper, and salt until just combined. Spoon onto baguette toasts, garnish with dill sprigs, and serve.
More Recipes from Michael Pollan