Count on cinnamon to add another dimension to grains such as couscous, served here with raisins and pine nuts.
Try it with Morrocan Cinnamon-Rubbed Leg of Lamb
Servings: Serves 4
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
In a 3-quart saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups water with cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, salt, raisins and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Add pine nuts, then cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff couscous and place in a serving bowl.