A silky pudding of whipped cream and couscous topped with fresh fruit and coconut flakes is incredibly refreshing.
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. plus 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground green cardamom
- 2 Tbsp. brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 pink grapefruits segmented (membranes and seeds removed)
- 2 oranges segmented (membranes and seeds removed)
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes
In a medium saucepan, bring water, vanilla bean, and cinnamon stick to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and immediately remove from heat.
In a separate pan, bring orange juice, coconut milk, brown sugar, ginger, cardamom, and coffee to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes; strain into a bowl, then stir strained liquid into couscous mixture.
In a medium bowl, beat cream to soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into couscous.
To serve, spoon couscous into a large bowl, then top with fruit and coconut.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 21, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.