Servings: Serves 4–6
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5-pound chicken , skinned and cut into 8 pieces
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except the chicken. Add the chicken pieces to the yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2, and up to 24, hours.
Arrange the chicken on a grill rack; cook for 13 to 15 minutes on each side.
How Art reduced the fat: By using non-fat yogurt in place of the regular yogurt called for in the original recipe, Art was able to make a slight reduction in the amount of fat and cholesterol.