- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn , cooked
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups saltine or water cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high flame. Coat each patty with remaining crumbs and cook until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Add more butter and olive oil as needed.
In a pan over low heat, toast cumin seeds until golden and fragrant. Remove from heat. Cool and grind in a spice grinder, in a mortar, or under a heavy pan on counter. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
Serve crab cakes immediately with sauce.